Well! It was another perfect day for apple pressing with
friends Suz and Jake, at Jakes Farm!!!!!
Thanks Jake!
If you look at my blog from last year right around this time, you will see that
Jake made his own apple press...quite an undertaking I think!
I think there were 5 boxes of apples this year...mostly little ones, but still apples and they made the sweetest apple juice.
He put Suz and I right to work as
the cutting and coring (well mostly) began...
then.....below you will see the apple pressing happening...
and the pouring of the fresh pressed juice into clean reusable (reduse, reuse, recycle) vinegar containers from my friend Cindie, who uses lots of vinegar to dye wool with!
Oh and then there was Sapphire....who would do anything for a piece of cheese!!!! Smart dog! It was Havarti!
Good Dog Sapphire or "Dog" as Jake calls her!
Here I am looking like I've been caught!
It appears as if the evidence is all gone!
All cleaned up and 7 gallons of fresh unfiltered apple juice to show for our very fun day of effort!
Suzanne seems pretty tickled that we're all done too!!!!
check out her blog post....
No comments:
Post a Comment